Website refresh is like conducting a SWOT Analysis of your website, and renewing it accordingly. Building on its strengths, minimizing its weaknesses and cashing on the anticipated opportunities. Bracing yourself to face all possible threats to your online presence. The new-age consumers do not merely want to log onto your site to view a conventional and mundane description of your offerings. They want insightful, engaging and regular updates, and want to stay connected to you throughout. As a business owner, it is therefore essential for you to revitalize your website periodically. In order to maintain its freshness and appeal. The following are some of the best practices when it comes to refreshing your website:-
- Effective Call to Action Strategy: How effective is your online Call to Action Strategy? This is one of the first questions that you need to ask yourself while refreshing your website. If your website metrics indicate that most visitors are leaving your website somewhere around this crucial juncture.It is best advised that you try to simplify the process for them. Shorten the Call to Action Procedure as much as possible, and place a visually stimulating tab on your home page as well in order to convert maximum number of visitors into leads.
- Enrich your Website Content: Content is the lifeline of your website, and posting relevant and engaging content on your website is a powerful marketing mechanism within itself. A beautifully designed website will fall short of its purpose if it is not equipped with equally good content.
- Functionality Check: At the end of the day, the entire investment that goes in to creating your website, and thereon refreshing it at regular intervals is to provide a superlative experience to your end-users. List down all possible parameters and elements that affect site functionality, such as loading time, navigation choices, search function, links, icons, graphics and so on, and then brainstorm on how to go about improvising them, as well as making them more user friendly.
- Revitalize your SEO Strategy: Having a well-built website is a futile investment if search engines do not recognize you for your niche keywords in the first place. And considering that Search Engine Algorithms are constantly being modified and updated, your SEO strategy needs to be at par with them. Hence it is always a wise decision to have an SEO Expert thoroughly review your existing SEO Strategy, and website refresh the same at regular intervals.
- Social Media Integration: Social Media Integration Tabs are a common sight on most websites today. But when it comes to linking your website with social media platforms, it is important to remain selective, active and relevant. Refrain from using the same content over and over again on your website as well as on social media, and highlight your latest social media updates on your website for your visitors to feel more connected with you. Refreshing your website is an excellent opportunity to adjudge the effectiveness and improve upon your social media integration strategy.
- Strengthening your Back-End: Contrary to the common perception that the website refresh process is centered on the front-end appearance of your site only, renewing your site is also about strengthening your back-end so that it becomes much easier for you to post fresh content and updates on your site as and when you require, without having to depend on your web designer or developer.
- Align with Marketing Campaign: You can magnify your leads generation by creating a buzz about your renovated website and aligning your online marketing campaign with your ongoing website refresh ideas.