Huawei Eyewear Designer Smart Glasses were first announced in September 2020 at the Huawei Developer Conference. These smart glasses were developed by Huawei and feature a transparent display, voice control, and a built-in camera.
They are designed to be used for augmented reality and virtual reality applications, as well as for tasks such as video calls and taking photos. The glasses were initially planned to be launched in 2021 but there is no official launch date. It’s also been reported that it will support Huawei’s HarmonyOS.
Features of the smart glasses
The Huawei Eyewear Designer Smart Glasses are equipped with some features that make them stand out from other smart glasses on the market. Some of the key features of smart glasses include:
- Transparent display: The smart glasses feature a transparent display that allows users to see both the real world and digital information at the same time. This can be used for augmented reality applications, such as navigation, and virtual reality experiences.
- Voice control: Users can control the smart glasses using voice commands, making it easy to use the device hands-free.
- Built-in camera: The smart glasses feature a built-in camera that can be used for taking photos and videos, as well as for video calls.
- Harmony: The smart glasses run on Huawei’s HarmonyOS, which allows for seamless integration with other Huawei devices and provides a smooth and responsive user experience.
- 5G connectivity: The smart glasses are equipped with 5G connectivity, which allows for fast data transfer and low latency.
- Lightweight and comfortable: The smart glasses are designed to be lightweight and comfortable to wear for extended periods.
- Low power consumption: Smart glasses have a low power consumption, which means that they can be used for extended periods of time without needing to be recharged.
Pros of the smart glasses
The Huawei Eyewear Designer Smartglasses offer a number of advantages over other smart glasses on the market, some of the potential pros include:
- Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality: The transparent display allows the smart glasses to deliver an immersive augmented reality and virtual reality experience, which can be used for a wide range of applications such as navigation, gaming and education.
- Hands-free control: The voice control feature allows users to control the smart glasses without using their hands, making it easy to use the device while on the go.
- Built-in camera: The built-in camera allows users to take photos and videos, and make video calls, which is a great feature for people who want to capture memories or stay connected with others while on the move.
- 5G Connectivity: The 5G connectivity allows for fast data transfer and low latency, which makes it possible to experience high-quality content and use applications with minimal lag.
- Lightweight and comfortable: The smart glasses are designed to be lightweight and comfortable to wear for extended periods of time, which makes them suitable for everyday use.
- Low power consumption: The smart glasses have a low power consumption, which means that they can be used for extended periods of time without needing to be recharged.
- HarmonyOS: The smart glasses run on Huawei’s HarmonyOS, which allows for seamless integration with other Huawei devices and provides a smooth and responsive user experience.
Cons of the smart glasses
There are several potential drawbacks to the Huawei Eyewear Designer smart glasses. Some of these include:
- Limited functionality: The glasses currently only support a limited set of features, such as call answering and message reading.
- High cost: The glasses are relatively expensive, which may make them less accessible to some consumers.
- Battery life: The battery life of the glasses is relatively short, which means that they need to be charged frequently.
- Privacy concerns: Some people may be concerned about privacy issues related to using smart glasses, such as the potential for facial recognition or other forms of surveillance.
- Limited availability: The glasses are currently only available in China, which limits their accessibility to consumers in other countries.
- Potential discomfort: The glasses may be uncomfortable to wear for prolonged periods of time.
- Limited apps: The glasses only have a handful of apps, which limits their functionality.
- Limited compatibility: The glasses may not be compatible with all smartphones or other devices.
- Limited voice recognition: The voice recognition capabilities of the glasses are not as advanced as some other smart glasses on the market.
- Limited field of view: The display on the glasses has a limited field of view, which may make it difficult to see certain things.
It ultimately depends on the individual’s needs and preferences. But generally speaking, the Huawei Eyewear Designer smart glasses may not be the best option for most people. They are relatively expensive, have limited functionality and are currently only available in China. Additionally, they have some potential drawbacks such as privacy concerns, comfort issues, and battery life.
However, if you’re specifically looking for smart glasses that can give you notifications, and voice commands and can make phone calls, it may be worth considering. It’s important to research and compares different options before making a decision on whether or not to purchase the Huawei Eyewear Designer smart glasses.