There is an alternative in case you are travelling to a place where there is no internet connection. In this tutorial, we will show you the steps on how to download YouTube videos and watch later offline.
How to download videos using the YouTube app
Follow these steps to download those videos on YouTube with Android or IOS.
- Open the YouTube app on your smartphone.
- Open any video on the app.
- Below the title you will see a Download button between Share and Add to. This will show up only if the creator of the video allows downloads.
- Tap on Download and the video will begin downloading and you can watch it from the app whenever you want to.
Note that not all videos are available for download, and this method is limited to your phones.
How to download YouTube videos on Windows, Mac, or Linux
There is a free app called 4K Video Downloader which helps one to download YouTube videos on Windows, Mac and Linux . It downloads videos and lets you choose the resolution as well. Follow these steps.
- Download 4K Video Downloader.
- Find a YouTube video you want to download. Copy the URL from the address bar of your browser.
- Open 4K Video Downloader and click the green Paste Link button.
- The app will analyse the video and then offer a bunch of resolutions for you to download the video. Select the button next to the resolution you want. Click Browse to choose where you want to save the downloaded video. Then click Download.
How to download YouTube videos using a website
Follow these steps to download your YouTube videos via any web browser.
- Open VDYouTube.
- Copy and paste the URL of the video you want to download on the big form at the top.
- Click GO.
- Click the red Download button.
- Select the format you want and the video will begin downloading.
This method allows you to download 720p videos without issues but you want a higher resolution, it will download the video without audio. This method doesn’t work on iOS or Android.
NOTE: For the Android phone users if you want to download a YouTube video, head to Save From Net instead, and switch to the Desktop site (tap the three vertical dots in Chrome and select Desktop site). Paste the URL of the YouTube video and proceed to download.
Those are the simple methods to download YouTube Videos to watch offline but if you know any other, please drop it down on our comment section we will appreciate.